Looking for a dessert that’s flaky, nutty, and a whole lot delicious? Look no further than this Baklava Pie! With golden filo pastry, toasted walnuts and pistachios, and a drizzle of sweet agave syrup, it’s the perfect indulgence for any occasion.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 350g walnuts
- 100g shelled pistachios
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml organic agave syrup, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 160g vegan butter (we use Nuttelex Buttery), melted
- 135g Pana Organic White Choc Chips
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pana Organic Maple Peanut Frozen Dessert, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Combine walnuts and pistachios in a large, heavy-based frypan over medium-low heat. Cook the nuts, stirring often, until golden and fragrant (about 10 mins). Set aside to cool slightly before pulsing in a food processor to a very coarse crumb.
- In a mixing bowl combine nuts, salt, cinnamon, 100ml agave syrup, 4 tbsp of the vegan melted butter, Pana Organic White Choc Chips and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir gently to evenly coat the nuts.
- Brush each sheet of filo with melted butter and stack eight of the sheets onto a lined baking tray. Pour the nut mixture into the centre and spread out, leaving a 5cm border around the edges. Fold the edges over to create a border, then scrunch the remaining four sheets and drape over the top to cover the nut mixture. Bake for 50-60 mins until the pastry is golden and flaky. Set aside at room temperature to cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut sugar and the extra 2 tbsp agave syrup in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and add remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice then drizzle over the pie before serving with a generous scoop of frozen dessert.