Who doesn’t love a caramel slice? This Pana Organic take on a classic recipe will have you going back for another slice…or two. Whether you’re doing some Sunday baking for the family or trying to impress a certain someone this plant based, gluten free, delicious recipe is even better than the original.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes (Plus Cooling)
Cooking time: 50 Minutes
- 150g Plain Flour
- 110g Brown Sugar
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 185g Vegan Butter, melted (We use Nuttelex Buttery)
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 395g Tin Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 135g Pana Organic Mylk Choc Buttons
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160ºC.
- Mix together flour, sugar and coconut. Stir in 125g melted vegan butter. Press mixture into lined 20x25cm rectangular baking tin. Bake for 30 mins.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well then pour over the cooked base. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden. Remove and allow to cool slightly before refrigerating until completely cold.
- Combine Pana Organic Mylk Choc Buttons and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Stir well then pour over the caramel layer and refrigerate overnight to set. Allow the slice to stand at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing into rectangles to serve.