Chocolate Biscotti with Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
These crispy, nutty, chocolatey biscotti are perfect served with a Pana Organic hot chocolate.
Preparation time: 30 mins, plus cooling
Cooking time: 1 hour
Storage: keep in an airtight container for a couple of days
- 250g organic plain flour, sifted
1 tbsp Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder, sifted
- 180g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and liquid (aquafaba) reserved (use the chickpeas for something else!)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 150g raw caster sugar
- 100g Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate spread, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan). Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper. (we used a standard 22cm loaf tin)
- Combine flour, Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder and chopped nuts in a bowl, mix well.
- Whisk aquafaba with an electric mixer with whisk attachments on medium speed, until frothy. Add salt and continue to whisk until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until fully incorporated then increase speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form (about 3-4 mins).
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the meringue, fold through until loosened and just combined. Add the Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate spread and fold though then finally finish with the remaining meringue. By this stage the mixture will be quick thick and sticky. Stir through the nuts then scoop the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the surface and bake for 30-40 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins then remove from tin carefully and cool for a further 30 mins at room temperature. Reduce oven to 140ºC (120ºC fan).
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Use a very sharp knife to slice the loaf into very thin slices. Arrange on the baking tray and bake for a further 20 mins, turning half way.
- Allow biscotti to cool and harden completely on the tray. Serve dipped or spread with extra Hazelnut Chocolate spread.