Decadent cheesecake without the cheese. A thick hazelnut chocolate biscuit crust topped with smooth chocolate filling. It’s full of guilt-free, plant based goodness for you to indulge any time of day, at least twice.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Setting time: 4 hours
Store: Refrigerated, best consumed within 2-3 days
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- 50ml coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 450g Pana Organic Seventy% Dark Chocolate
- 50ml coconut oil
- 500g extra-firm silken tofu
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 250ml almond milk or plant based milk of your choice; note results may vary
- 2 tablespoons Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder, plus more for dusting
- Line the base and sides of a deep 22cm springform cake tin.
- To make the base, in a food processor, blitz the oats and hazelnuts into a mealy crumb. Tip into a bowl, add coconut, Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder and salt and combine well. Add the coconut oil and Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and mix until well combined. There should be no dry bits left.
- Cover the base of the prepared cake tin with the base mixture, pressing with your fingertips to compact. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling, melt the Pana Organic Seventy% Dark Chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Make sure the bubbling water isn’t touching the base of the bowl with the chocolate in it, so you get a nice gentle melt.
- While the chocolate melts, put the silken tofu, sugar, lemon juice, almond milk and Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder into a blender and whizz until completely smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the blender and whizz again.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the chilled base and chill for at least 4 hours. Once set, dust with a generous amount of the Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder before gently releasing from the tin, slicing and serving.