Salted Chocolate Cupcakes
Chock full of chocolate! In cupcake form. It doesn’t get any better. We checked.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 265g raw caster sugar
- 100g vegan butter (we use Nuttelex Buttery)
- 20g Pana Organic 100% Cocoa
- Powder, plus extra to decorate
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 180g gluten free self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds whisked with 90ml water
- Generous pinch salt (we used Tasman Sea Salt)
- 375g vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 350g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 20g Pana Organic 100% Cocoa Powder
- 80g Pana Organic Tasman Sea Salt Mylk Chocolate, to decorate
- Combine 200ml water, sugar, butter, Pana Organic 100% Cocoa Powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large, deep saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring, until sugar dissolves then bring to the boil, reduce heat back to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Pour into large bowl and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Line a standard 12 hole cupcake tin with liners.
- Add flour, salt and flaxseed mixture to the cooled chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater until pale in colour. Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 mins or until the spring back when gently pressed in the centre. Allow to cool completely.
- To make icing, using an electric mixer, whisk all ingredients together until fluffy. Spread or pipe over the cooled cupcakes and dust with extra cocoa powder and decorate with Pana Organic Tasman Sea Salt Mylk chocolate pieces.