With their charming shape and decadent chocolatey taste, these Chocolate Madeleines are perfect for morning tea, afternoon tea, or simply indulging in a sweet moment of bliss (preferably with a Pana Organic Hot Chocolate).
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes resting
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Equipment: 2 x 6 – hole madeleine pans to make this recipe
- 100g plain flour
- 35g cornflour
- 30g almond flour
- 30g Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder
- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85g golden flaxseed meal (fine)
- 70g organic coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150g vegan butter (we use Nuttelex Buttery), melted and cooled
- 80g block Pana Organic Dark Baking Chocolate
- Combine flours, Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder, coconut sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Sieve into another bowl to ensure there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flaxseed meal with 70g water. Add yoghurt, vanilla and butter and stir well. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Generously brush the insides of the madeleine pans with melted butter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared tins. The batter should come almost to the top. Bake for 12 – 13 mins until the madeleines spring back when gently pressed in the centre.
- Cool madeleines in tins for 10 mins then turn on to a baking rack to cool completely. Melt Pana Organic Dark Baking Chocolate and dip the madeleines half into the melted chocolate. Place back onto the baking rack until the chocolate sets, then serve.