Dreamy White Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
The Dreamy White Chocolate Almond Butter Bars have mouth-watering bites of rich nuttiness coated in delectably sweet white chocolate. It’s what dreams are made of… Can’t. Talk. Eating.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of Tasman Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups Pana Organic White Choc Chips
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes, remove dates and reserve water.
- Add the date-soaked water, dates and coconut oil to a blender and process into a thick paste.
- Transfer your paste to a bowl, add the sea salt, almond flour and coconut and using your hands work into a moist cookie dough.
- Press into the bottom of a small lined bread pan. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours minimum.
- To make the middle layer, add all ingredients to a small pot and over low heat, melt everything together, stirring continuously using a spatula. Pour mixture over your base and return to the fridge to set.
- Once set, use a knife to carefully flip the chilled mixture out of the tin. Trim the sides for more even-looking bars then use a sharp knife to cut 10 pieces. Return to the fridge.
- For the chocolate outer, place the Chips in a heatproof bowl, and set over a pot of just simmering water, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and allow to cool (and thicken) for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bars from the fridge, and using a fork, dip each one into the chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set for 1-2 hours. Your bars will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, but we doubt they will stick around that long!