Miso & Cashew Caramel Slice
The saltiness of miso combined with nutty caramel and topped with bittersweet seventy% chocolate. It’s a rollercoaster of flavours and emotions. Slice me a slab, STAT.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Setting time: 4 hours
Store: Refrigerated, best consumed within 3-4 days
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup salted peanuts, roasted
- 60g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 600g Pana Organic Cashew Caramel Spread (3 jars)
- 80ml coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of white (shiro) miso paste
- 200g Pana Organic Seventy % Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup salted peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Line a 22cm square slice tray with baking paper.
- For the base, blitz the oats and peanuts into a mealy crumb using a food processor. Add the dates, coconut oil and rice malt syrup and blitz until it forms a dough. Using your hands, press firmly into the base of the prepared tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the Pana Organic Cashew Caramel Spread, coconut oil, miso paste and rice malt syrup and stir until smooth.
- Add this on top of the base layer and smooth out the top. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Melt the Pana Organic Seventy% Dark Chocolate until smooth. You can use the microwave or a double boiler. Pour over the top of the caramel layer and angle the tin back and forth to help it spread out as evenly as possible. Scatter over the chopped peanuts and return to the fridge for a further hour, until nice and set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.