Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
Sweet meets salty, indulgent meets irresistible, truffles meet tastebuds. These little bliss balls are the perfect guilt-free treat, why stop at one?
- 1½ cups Medjool dates
- ¾ cup almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut divided
- 3 tbsp Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 packet of Pana Organic Salted Caramel Pieces
- Blend the Medjool dates in a food processor until you achieve a sticky paste. Set aside.
- Add the almond and hemp seeds to a food processor and process them into a fine meal.
- Add in the date paste, half the desiccated coconut, cacao powder and sea salt, and process until the mixture morphs into a dough.
- Using wet hands roll dough into approximately 10 balls. If you want to be precise, you can weigh your dough portions. Place in the fridge to set.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the Pieces in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water stirring continuously. Ensure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Remove from heat and whisk until silky. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove balls from the fridge, and using a fork, dip each one into the chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set.
- If you can wait, truffles are best placed in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Then you can devour them all!